Thursday, June 9, 2011

Two Weeks...

We ended May with a going away party and had the chance to say goodbye to a number of our friends. We made fondue, the quintessential Swiss food - even though is really supposed to be a winter dish. (Fondue in the summer would only be ordered by tourists in Switzerland...)
We have been concentrating on selling, giving away, or throwing away things for the last few months. The morning after our party we began packing in earnest. Torrey and I made quite good progress over the weekend, much more than we had expected. Then over the last week and a half I have continued the packing and organizing. This weekend we will be moving the majority of it to a storage unit.

Last weekend we went to visit my family for the last time. It was a little sad but we had a nice visit with my Mom, and watched the Canucks win a hockey game with my friend Evelyn on Saturday. On Sunday we drove to Hicks Lake where my sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew were camping. It has been quite a long time since I have driving through Agassiz (where I grew up) and Harrison (where I spent many summers). I was reminded how beautiful the area is and it seemed appropriate as we are moving.






No comments: